Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Series

During this semester in my Photo workshop class, we have to come up with a series. I racked my brain for weeks and came up with nothing. Over the winter break I had thought about trying architecture, as seen in my earlier posts. But I soon realized it did not hold my interest for very long and I longed to shoot and deal with people in my work again. Thankfully, with the help from my friend raz marf (his website is razmarf.com) he help rack my brain for ideas that I would enjoy to photograph. One of my favorite ideas is the one posted below. The photo shoot was to make fun of young women who carry their little dogs around in their purses. I feel like they are basically treating them like stuffed animals. So I decided to show this through photography by putting a bear in cage and having my friend treat it like an animal. I wanted it to be noticeable that it was a stuffed animal so that the meaning of the photograph was recognizable. Because my teacher enjoyed this concept, he encouraged me to make it my series and to use the same model with different stuffed animals. The second photograph is my favorite because you can really see the bear and the background does not control the scene but that is as a 8x10, I am hoping to print them both 16x20.



This photograph is from outside my room in NYC during one of our snow days. I've recently been taking photographs out of my own window during different days and have ventured to my friends rooms as well. It is just a mini series that I am enjoying at the moment, maybe it will become something more one day.


1 comment: